10.21.2009

Fish Price Rearview Mirror

Price: Approximately $14.99

The above link, and the picture, are not the exact mirror I have, but its extremely similar and by the same brand name


The carseat inspection officer (not really an officer, I just want to make him sound official) frowned upon the rearview baby mirror we have - but i LOVE it. I understand that looking at your baby through the rearview mirror while driving can be extremely dangerous, but it's nice to have when at a stop light or what have you. I was unable to use it for a week when we went to OBX (it didn't cooperate with the vehicle we were using) and I really missed having it.
Pros:
-allows you to easily check on your baby/child
-fun for the child to look at
-bendable strap that allows for (almost) universal use, and secure positioning
-does not take up alot of your rearview mirror space, or your rearview window space
-the mirror is made of a flexible reflective surface. not your classic mirror. if you are in a car accident this mirror will not shatter and do the same damage that a classic mirror would do. I don't think it would do much of any damage actually.
Cons:
-The mirror is made from a flexible reflective material that distorts the baby's face (much like a funhouse mirror).
-I couldn't figure out how to use it in an SUV. perhaps I didn't try hard enough
Since it's deemed "unsafe" I will not recommend it. I will, however, say that I really like this item and have been using it for almost a year now. I plan to continue to use it for Baby #2.

No comments:

Post a Comment