7.27.2009

Do Not Recommend: Sassy Earth Smart Diaper Sack Dispenser

Price: $5.49

I often wondered what I would do with poopy diapers while I was out and about...namely, at a person's house.

While at BRU (Babies R Us) one day, this cute little accessory caught my eye. I thought it'd be perfect for us. It's only a couple inches big, so it'd fit right into the bottom of my diaper bag and be super convenient for those stinky diapers I was so concerned about.

Well, I've used maybe a dozen or so of the bags and I can honestly say this item is not worth the $5.49. It's not so much the container that I don't like, its the actual bags that are a waste - and the bags make up half the product. Every other bag I use rips before I even get it open! Because of this I do not recommend the product.

Since Trent's poops weren't super poopy-smelling for a while (until recently) I found myself simply putting the diaper right in the kitchen trash. If you don't feel comfortable doing that (understandably) I'd recommend putting the diaper in a grocery bag and tying it together and/or putting the diaper in the outdoor trash can.

Pros:
-snazzy colors/designs
-case has a hook for easy access
-refill bags are seemingly easy to come by at BRU
-the scent of the bags is very mild
-case comes with 25 bags to begin with
-biodegradable

Cons:
-bags are terrible quality

1 comment:

  1. I too, thought this might be a nice purchase..earth friendly and it would help control stinky diapers while out and about. The bags are 100% biodegradeable which is a plus but are way too thin and usually tear while opening it. I went back and purchased the same product but in the less earth friendly version and they hold up well. I only use them when I am out and dont want to stink up someones trash can. When I am home I usually will just dispose of the stinky diaper in the outside trash can.

    ReplyDelete