7.31.2009

Recommend: Mom to Mom Baby Wipes

Price: about ~$9.99 for 1 box (6 individual packs)

When standing in the baby section of the grocery store I was immediately overwhelmed. We've all heard of your standard Pampers, Huggies and Luvs diaper brands, and I'm pretty certain they all also have their own line of baby wipes. Knowing me, I would have just picked up the wipes that matched my choice in diapers, but since I don't use disposables (and wasn't about to use cloth wipes as well) I needed to start my series of trial and error with disposable wipes. 

I'm an on and off Safeway shopper/ACME shopper and by chance the day I ran out of the wipes I got at my baby shower and needed to buy wipes, I was at Safeway. I browsed through their selection and came across a brand called "mom to mom". I was looking for the best value and when comparing numbers, mom-to-mom was the best bet. 

Pros:
- come in value size boxes - 6 individual travel/refill packs (the hard plastic pop-top on top of each refill pack). 
- made of a heavy material to clean up big diaper messes. 
- unscented means unscented!
- Cheaper than or the same price as the value box of pampers (the box of pampers i compared them to comes with 5 refill packs, mom-to-mom comes with 6 travel/refill packs)

Cons:
- Only available at Safeway stores.
- If you're trying to environmentally friendly, I suppose the travel pop-top is not land-fill friendly and ultimately creates more waste.

Would I Recommend:
With out a doubt. Recently we were running low on wipes and I sent Ryan to ACME to pick some up. He got a large box of the unscented Pampers brand and I am not nearly as pleased! I'm anxious to finish the box of wipes he bought so I can go back to the mom-to-mom's. 

I've also read very good reviews on their diaper brand and although I have not priced them personally, they are said to be considerably cheaper as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment