8.23.2009

Recommend: Baby Cache Nursery Furniture




Crib Price: $449.99
Dresser Price:$549.99

This is pretty much a repeat from a blog I posted previously in my OWN blog, but I'll highlight most of it here.

I saw this set one day while just walking through BRU. At the time I was not looking for a bed room set, but upon seeing this set I knew exactly what I wanted in my little man's room! Not only did this fit my visual requirements, but it also fit the other requirements I had for a bed room set in my mind (as highlighted below).

Pros:
- sturdy/well made
- drawers on dresser glide in and out easily
- attractive
- able to convert crib into a full size bed (with the purchase of bed rails)
- has two dresser options - we got the lower dresser because we wanted to use the top of the dresser as a changing station
- drawers are deep and hold quite a bit
- depending on your budget, I thought this was a reasonably priced set (last year Ryan and I had priced furniture for ourselves and a full bed was considerably higher than the price of this crib+ the running boards)
- the storage cabinet on the side of the dresser is convenient for bath supplies, first aide type items, wipes, etc and large enough to fit some canvas totes for organized storage.

Cons:
- drawers glide so smoothly that they some times bang when closing - I put some of Judes clothes away while he's asleep so can be bad!
- as I'm sure is typical with most cribs, it's a pain to change the crib sheet.
- because of the way the bars/panels are on the crib, some of your standard crib decor doesn't fit quite right (bumpers, mobiles, etc) - just make sure you check out the crib before buying any of these items!
- I remember when putting the crib together Ryan had a difficult time putting the metal mattress support portion together. I'm not sure if this is normal, but I remember my dad saying "make sure you read the instructions!" about the crib, so maybe it's no more difficult than any others.

Would I Recommend: Yes! So far I've loved this set! Part of my wishes I had purchased the second dresser as well, but really, we hardly fill the drawers we have so why bother? When/if there's a baby #2 I would without a doubt purchase another baby cache nursery set!

No comments:

Post a Comment