8.15.2009

Swings

Fisher-Price Rainforest Open Top Take Along Swing



Another Fisher Price Rainforest product. What can I say, it's an adorable line!

Pros:
-adjustable music volume
-easy to collapse and take places
-3 cute dangling toys
-adjustable harness system
-varying swing speeds (5)
-fun bright colors
-head cushion for added comfort
-fabric is easy to remove for washing
-the mobile swings, making it easy to get baby out of the seat


Cons:
-swing speed is too fast for a newborn
-batteries not included (four C)
-says its good for up to 25 lbs but at 8months old and only 20 lbs I stopped putting my son in the swing. I found that he would lean himself forward so that his head was upside down, and then get himself stuck (if he wasn't strapped in, he would face plant or do a flip). It looked very uncomfortable - a little painful even. I'm not sure if its the swings fault for tipping forward easily, or not, but it's something I thought was worth noting.

Recommend: Absolutely. But again, the swing is a bit powerful for a newborn, in my opinion.

This is another item that was purchased mostly because of the pattern. It matched all the other Deco items that would be cluttering my living room, so why not?

Pros:
- Good brand name
- has a dial you can turn to adjust swing spead
- seat has a recline feature so they can sit up or recline back (good for different ages, with different amount of neck control, etc.
- has a cute hanging mobile (could be more attractive and eye catching) and fun toys on the tray in front
- when the chair rocks, it sets the mobile in motion
- plays through a series of classical style songs or you can play nature sounds.
- volume can be adjusted
- has a timer for the swing (I have never personally used it, so couldn't begin to tell you how it works)
- has 'soothing vibrations' in the seat
- when baby is older there's a spot on the tray in front of him for snack, etc
- seems to be large enough for older infants.

Cons:
- expensive in comparison to the travel swing above
- larger than travel swings (not transportable and harder to move around the house)
- Tray in front needs to be opened to put the baby inside and usually knocks into the mobile when opening. (a minor annoyance)
Would I Recommend: Jude personally is not a huge fan of the swing. He's used it a small handful of times since he's been home. I hope that as he gets older he gets some use out of it because of the price. But I've heard some kids love the swing and others hate it, if he never grows to like it, maybe #2 will. As far as quality and whether I would purchase it for a child who did like the swing, I'd say sure! It could be brighter and more eye catching/entertaining, but I like that it goes with my set and has a lot of nice features. In general, there aren't many graco products I have that I wouldn't recommend.


When I first saw this, I immediately fell in love with the idea of it. Basically you set your infant car seat in the frame and it turns your travel system car seat into a travel swing.

I have honestly NEVER used it. I originally got it because I thought not only would it be great for if he's a sleep when we come home, but it'd be nice for when I walk in the door and need to let Buddy out. We could have this by the door and drop Jude in it while I run out to let Buddy out in the front yard. Really, Jude has not been much of a swinger, so it never got used. That being said, I won't have much to say about how it functions.

Pros:
- Folds up small for cramped quarters
- fits a variety of size car seats
- keeps car seat off the ground (as I type this I plan to pull it out of the closet because I hate having my car seat just sit on the ground - at least it will get SOME use)

Cons:
- In my case, because it folds up so small I threw it in a closet and forgot all about it.
- was a little difficult putting it together. It's a series of gray bars that all looked a like and therefore made it difficult to determine which went where.

Would I Recommend: I plan to pull this out in the next few days and I'll come back to update whether I recommend this item. It seems very practical though for a small space and a baby who likes the swing.

No comments:

Post a Comment