8.06.2009

Carter's Pop Floral Tote Diaper Bag vs J.J. Cole Method Stroller Bag vs Gap Bella Tuno Diaper Bag

Carter's Pop Floral Tote Diaper Bag:
Price: my bag is no longer on BRU website but you can find it on other sites for $25-$30

Mine is very similar to the picture except it's all brown. I basically wanted something neutral in color that was easy to keep clean and has many pockets. This bag has 6 pockets on the outside, 1 zip compartment on the inside, and a divider in the inside creating 2 large compartments, and it zips shut. It also comes with a changing pad and an accessory pouch. Overall I really like it. It's a nylon material, so it's very easy to just wipe clean. The only problem I have is that sometimes the straps will slide off my shoulder and the bag will fall down to my elbow. This can be a pain when I'm carrying my son in my other arm. I think next time I will go for more of a messenger-style bag or possibly even a back-pack style.

Would I Recommend: Sure. It's been a great bag. If you're looking for a tote-style diaper bag, this one is great.

________________________________________________

J.J. Cole Method Stroller Bag:
Price:$49.99
This diaper bag was purchased as "ryan's" diaper bag. I (Alicia) had picked out my own more girly bag (see below), so Ryan and I headed over to BRU to find one that he would be comfortable carrying around when it's just him and Jude (if you ask Ryan though, he'll never admit that he 'tried on' a variety of bags to find the perfect one).

Pros:

- made of a very durable (gender neutral) nylon material
- ooddles of pockets for storing multiple items inside and out of the bag
- perfect size for a quick trip out and about (not good for a full day trip)
- we have used it for purposes other than a diaper bag. It does not look very baby-ish so was perfect to tote things around on our own personal day trips.
- came with a changing pad (we didn't know this though and purchased our own changing pad)
- has attachments to easily hook to a stroller
- messenger bag style makes for easy access into the bag while holding baby

Cons:
- on the smaller side of diaper bags so not good for long trips

Would I Recommend: Yes. If you won't be gone for long day trips, this is a great bag.

Gap Bella Tuno Diaper Bag:
Price: $69.99
I saw this bag while shopping around Gap Maternity and just HAD to have it. So, of course, I got it. It came in two color options (brown and green and blue and pink) and looked rather large.

Pros:
- Large enough to fit four (cloth) diapers, a changing pad, extra clothes, toys, sun block and much more.
- Very attractive! (in my opinion)
- I have it in the brown and green, so it’s pretty neutral and doesn’t “clash” with a lot of stuff.
- Wide straps spread the weight out on the shoulder, so it doesn’t weight you down
- Top can tie closed with ribbon, but doesn’t zipper for easy access into the bag.
- Large pockets on the outside for mom’s personal items or other supplies

Cons:
- Didn’t come with a changing pad or anything - I had to purchase these items separately (and for the price of the bag, I feel it should have had something)
- The shape of the bag is designed so it’s wider on the bottom than the top. It’s convenient for stacking items inside, but makes it more difficult to get things OUT of the bag.
- Shoulder style bag in general makes it more difficult to get things in/out with baby in your arms

Would I Recommend: I’m torn. Part of me says no, but part of me says yes. I carry this bag more often than our black messenger bag, but that’s mostly because of looks (and it’s usually prepacked). In general I love it, but I would also recommend that you look around at other options, try them on and think of the items you might be carrying with you on a regular basis and how easy it is to get in and out of the bag you’ve chosen before selecting one.

No comments:

Post a Comment