8.05.2009

Recommend: Summer Infant Bath Time Bubble Maker

Price: $9.99

Back when I was pregnant I registered for this item. I was a little leery about registering for it at first - it's been my experience that most bubble machines end up being a big disappointment (either the fan doesn't blow strong enough winds, or the bubbles are too cheap to actually generate bubbles that last longer than .5 seconds)- but i said 'what the hay'.



I ended up receiving this bubble maker at my baby shower. The next day I set it up - installed the batteries, poured in the bubbles - then walked away. I didn't even try it out - what was I thinking!

Stupid me didn't even use it once Trent arrived. As the months went on I guess the bubble maker turned into an accessory to the tub. One of those things you see every time you go in the room, but you don't really SEE it. Eventually, Kevin was giving Trent his bath and he yells to me to bring the camera up....Kevin finally used it!! Boy was I impressed. This thing really puts off some bubbles!!! At the time Trent didn't seem to notice the bubbles at all, but I kept that thing on for a good five minutes for my own entertainment. I honestly could not believe a cheap little kiddy bubble maker could put off that many of bubbles (re-reading this I realize how lame i sound...what 26 year old gets this excited over bubbles).


Unfortunately, it's hard to get a good quality photo in Trent's bathroom. I think it has to do with the insanely bright orange walls....but you get the idea.


Once we ran out of bubbles I simply poured a little baby body wash/shampoo in the machine with some water and ta-da: more bubbles!


Pros:
-inexpensive
-comes with bubbles
-produces bubbles wonderfully
-not limited to Summer bubbles
-can be sat on edge of tub or attached to tub walls using provided suction cup (which appears to work well)
-there are a couple speed features (i've never played with this)

Cons:
-batteries not included
-noisy. There is a constant loud hum
-a little bulky in size

No comments:

Post a Comment