8.06.2009

Do not recommend: food trays

Kidco Babysteps Freezer Storage Tray
I bought this product on a whim from babies r us. I kept reading how people freeze baby food in these trays and simply thaw one or two at a time for the baby. The set comes with 2 trays and each tray has seven 2oz cubes.
Pros:
-freezes individual portions
-writing surface (if you have a dry erase marker) to mark dates & foods
-dishwasher safe
-stackable
-BPA free
Cons:
-when I measured each compartment I found that they are actually 1 ounce each, not 2 like they say
-my food was getting freezer burnt
Recommend: I could get over the fact that each compartment is only 1 ounce, but I did not like that the food was freezer burnt after just one night. If someone asked for my recommendation I would probably steer them in the direction of the Stay Fresh Baby Food Containers instead. For almost the same price you get more storage and less ice crystals.

No comments:

Post a Comment