8.06.2009

Torn: Stay-Fresh Baby Food Containers


Stay-Fresh Baby Food Containers 12-Pack
Price: $9.95 for twelve containers and a tray

Since I make all of Trent's foods, I knew I needed a way to store it all. At first I used ice cube trays but they just weren't cutting it. I did some research and found a few different options, but they all seemed to be very poor quality. The Stay_Fresh baby food containers, however, really caught my eye. I got them in the mail in no time at all and was very pleased when I opened the package. The containers are stackable, dishwasher safe, freezer safe and microwave safe. Each container has a mark at 1 ounce and at 2 ounce. I put a piece of scotch tape on each container and label it with the contents. The tape comes off easily when its time to wash.

Pros:
-stackable, dishwasher safe, freezer safe and microwave safe
-the lids screw on!! this is a huge plus
-marked for 1 ounce or 2
-very portable
-inexpensive
-I've been using mine for only 2 months but they seem to hold up really well
-they do not take up alot of space in the freezer
-the tray is great for the freezer (our freezer has slatted shelves, so the containers would be off balance and take up more space if it weren't for the tray)

Cons:
-if you fill them above the 2 ounce line there is a good chance the lid will pop off in the freezer
-it's hard to read the 1 ounce/2 ounce marking
-exclusively from One Step Ahead - which means you will always have to pay shipping costs and wait for them to arrive
-they "only" hold 2 ounces. This could become an inconvenience if you're child is eating more than 2 ounces at a time
-they are not marked as being BPA free

Recommend: If they were BPA free I would definitely without a doubt recommend them. Since they aren't marked as being BPA free I have to assume they are not, and for this reason I would not recommend them :-(

I have an email into the customer service department of One Step Ahead. I will update if/when I get a clear answer.

UPDATE: Yesterday evening I sent One Step Ahead an email asking if these food containers are BPA free. I assumed they weren't since they are not marked as such, but being that almost everything is BPA free at this day and age, I had a hard time believing these weren't. I got a response this morning and I am very happy to announce that this product IS BPA free!!! Now I feel totally confident recommending them!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment