8.03.2009

Recommend: Lamaze Plush Toys

Price: average range is between $10 and $20
When I was pregnant and registering I remember quickly browsing the toy section but not really giving toys too much thought – there were plenty of other things we needed more. After having Jude, we received a gift package from a friend with a collection of plush toys that I remember thinking were adorable and then got tossed in the toy box until he was able to use them. Recently Jude started to take blankets, his hand, anything and put it in his mouth. I thought it was the perfect time to introduce toys and went back to the toy box to pull out age appropriate items. This included a number of Lamaze Plush Toys. They were just as adorable when I pulled them out as I remembered them being when I first received them.

Pros:
- Available in a variety of shapes and sizes
- Bright colors and usually multiple features to stimulate a variety of your child’s senses (educational). For example: mirrors, multiple fabrics in different colors and textures, noise makers, etc.
- As with most children’s toys, they are typically labeled with the age group they are most appropriate for to make your selection easier.
- Smaller toys come with hooks to attach to strollers, car seats, diaper bags, etc to make it easier to tote around.
- Don’t require batteries (maybe a con for the items that do have some electronic parts?) – most of the noise features are not electronic (crinkles, rattles, squeakers etc)
- Seem to be well make – won’t fall apart easily

Cons:
- Because of all the noise parts and other attachments on them, they’re difficult to clean (when your baby puts them in their mouth it’d be nice to be able to clean first).
- Some of the smaller toys seem a little on the expensive side. I’ve seen the small toys for 14.99 and ones double their size for just over 20 dollars (when I’ve purchased them for myself, I always got the bigger toys for this reason). Considering the size difference it seems you get more bang-for-your-buck with the bigger options.

Would I Recommend: Yes! Jude seems to love them. Last night I put him on his tummy with a variety of the toys laying around him and he was very interested in what was happening.

Barbie agrees 100% with everything Alicia says. Trent absolutely loves his lamaza toys!

No comments:

Post a Comment