8.04.2009

Recommend: Trent's Nursery (part 1)


Crib
Price: $309.88

I don't really know what to say other than I love it. It's a great shade of white - not bright white but not dingy - and it was easy to put together. Since it's a convertible crib we had to purchase the side rails separately (to be used when we convert the crib into a full sized bed). Cribs from Babies R Us either have coordinating metal rails (cheaper) or matching wood rails (more expensive). Since our rails were on the pricier end, we assumed they would be a nice matching white wood. Wrong. They are an ugly metal. Very disappointing.


Bookcase
(from JCPenney.com)

I wanted a bookcase for extra storage for books and stuffed animals. Since we didn't know the sex of the baby, and since we had already chosen white furniture, I needed a bookcase that wasn't too curvy or feminine. I felt that this bookcase was just what I wanted. I put it together all by myself, which was slightly challenging, but it could have been worse. The back board is very cheap in quality but the rest of the case seems very sturdy. Overall I'm very happy with it.


Changing Table
price: I can not find it online but the table was around $150

We decided to refinish Kevin's old bureau from his childhood instead of purchasing a new one for the nursery. I personally am not into the changing-table-pad-on-top-of-bureau look, so we needed something separate. There was a limited selection of white changing tables so we just chose the one we liked the most. I bought some canvas totes to line the shelves with and have since found the changing table to be great. We use it often and the added storage space is very helpful. The biggest downfall is that once we're out of the diaper phase we really won't have any use for the table.


No comments:

Post a Comment