8.05.2009

Do Not Recommend: Baby Einstein Take Along Caterpillar

Price: $16.99

When I first saw this item I fell in love with it! It looked so cute and interactive that I just had to have it! Unfortunately after a little time, my opinion changed.

Pros:
- Adorable design
- multiple interactive options - educational
- brand name product with a good reputation

Cons:
- there are two pieces that hang down for the baby to grab on to. Whenever you push the handle back to get the baby out of the car seat, the dangling parts smack him in the head
- music box feature no longer works properly. We have only used this a handful of times and it's already not working after 3 months
- velcro straps that hold it to the handle are not adjustable 
- most of the interactive features are too high for the baby to reach (could change as he gets older)
- Sometimes when carrying my infant seat I try to grab it by putting my arm through the handle and holding it close to my body (as opposed to just holding it with my hand away from my body). This item gets in the way. 
- even though Jude looks at and 'plays' with other toys, this hasn't really caught his eye (could change with age).

Would I Recommend: No. While it's fairly priced, I just don't think it's worth it. I've seen plenty of other car seat toys that seem to be just as adorable in the same price range that could be much more practical. 

1 comment: